We have investigated structure and dynamics (translational and rotational motions) of liquids, solution mixtures, and ionic liquids at various conditions, such as low temperatures, high pressures, and nano-space, by using following methods.
Structure: Large-Angle X-ray and Neutron Scattering, Small-Angle Neutron Scattering (SANS)
Dynamics: NMR Relaxation, Quasi-Elastic Neutron Scattering
Simulation: Molecular Dynamics
X-ray experiments have been made at SPring-8,
and neutron scattering experiments have been carried out at J-PARC (Tokai) and ISIS (U.K.)
Recent Main Projects
1. Metal Complex Formation in Ionic Liquids.
2. Soft X-ray Absorption and Emission Spectroscopy on Ionic Liquids.
3. Evaluation of Hydrophobicity of Various Aqueous Binary Solvents.
4. Solvation Structure of Amino Acids and Peptides in Alcohol-Water Mixtures.
5. Structure and Reaction Mechanism of CO2-Absorbed Solutions.
6. Solvation Structure and Dynamics of Li+ in Green Solvents.
SANS-U Spectrometer (Reactor JRR-3M) Solvation Structure of Amphiphilic 1,4-Pentanediol
in HFIP-Water Simulated by MD
NMR (Saga Univ.) Two-dimensional NMR spectrum